Thousands of Occupy protesters demonstrated in New York City to mark the second anniversary of the movement on Tuesday, just as new figures show that poverty remains steady and the so-called “one percent” have only grown wealthier.
Small groups of protesters marched near Zuccotti Park, the birthplace of the movement in 2011, while others marched through Washington Square Park and other areas of Manhattan.
At least 1,000 protesters were seen moving from the United Nations building to the headquarters of JP Morgan Chase bank, one of the Occupy movement’s prime targets.
- seannysoybeans likes this
- alterity2 likes this
- singularsociety likes this
- super-ali-blog likes this
- garyorgabi reblogged this from rtamerica
- anne-austine likes this
- makarov-dmitrii likes this
- gothpunkgeek likes this
- bonnadoochi reblogged this from rtamerica
- bonnadoochi likes this
- vivaciousvarlot reblogged this from thisisntmyrealhair
- vivaciousvarlot likes this
- purplemartian likes this
- thisisntmyrealhair reblogged this from afrometaphysics
- televandalist likes this
- pineapplexjuice likes this
- dreamsndisciples reblogged this from afrometaphysics
- a-certain-shade reblogged this from rtamerica
- yungsnape likes this
- 3knot likes this
- rtamerica posted this